How do we internalize our philosophies?
I am in the midst of my training grounds here at home. Much of it deals with nailing down my philosophies and applying them to my life. But simply knowing I have only one life does not mean that I actually make the most of it. Knowing there is no cosmic ending, no moral judgment, does not mean that I always act freely. Just because I have a philosophy on life does not always ensure that I translate it into my everyday decisions. So that is my newest question. How do we internalize the attitudes and philosophies about life that are important to us? How do we act as optimally as we feel we should? How do we know that life is finite so deeply that we actually live that way? How do we allow our knowledge of embarrassment's fleeting nature to influence our talking to a girl? My thoughts determine my actions and reality. But my brain gets in the way. How do we rewire it with true understanding towards true living?
1 comment:
I feel like its all about forming habits via repetition. Maybe setting smaller goals can help, or friendly competition/milestones(ex. talk/dance/get numbers of x number of girls, or who can get the most, etc.). I can be motivated to do all sorts of things I have no interest in if they are framed as a competition(jump in Lake Michigan at 6 am!).
Also, some people put up post its reminding themselves of things they should strive to do on a daily basis, not just actions but just behaviors, like "Be positive", "smile at strangers", "talk to strangers", "call old friends"
Post a Comment