I watched Youth in Revolt last night. I thought it was pretty awesome. The characters are pretty absurd, and amazing. And pretty much everyone does exactly what you want them to do, in the best way possible. You might find yourself screaming at the TV for them to do something. "Do it! Do it!" Oh, they'll do it, and you will cheer. This movie definitely has some of my favorite fist pump moments ever.The basic story is that Nick Twisp is in love with a girl. And not only is he in love with her, but he must have sex with her. And he will do anything to make this happen, even if it means making a secondary ego named Francois that will do everything bad that polite, timid Nick cannot. And you will love Francois. He is doing work. He's everything bad and evil that you've ever wanted to do, and he will love doing it. And you will love watching him do it.
This movie probably won't make you better, but as a fun Summer movie, it's pretty good. I will certainly be getting the book soon. 8.5/10
No comments:
Post a Comment