Monday, June 14, 2010

Choices

An entity had to make a decision. It had to choose between everything or nothing. It had to choose either life or nothingness for all eternity. This entity is beyond the concept of god. It was before the big bang for atheists. It is a primal force which had to assess all that life had to offer. The good and the bad. The eternal pain, the greatest ecstasy, the flawless despair, the peaks of joy, all the disgusting and destructive wars, the hatred, and the love. All up against nothing. An endless period of nothing and no possibility of it. And they chose life.

I support that decision. Life is not heaven. It is complex. By its very nature it is a never ending struggle. We are in turmoil, in flux. There is the good and the bad, the heartache and pain. We live in a world that is not perfect. But that is okay. It's not evil choosing that. I would still choose it knowing all of the grievous pain of life. Nothing would not be so bad either. But we have something and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment