Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Question 1

Does what does not kill you actually make you stronger?

I'd like to hear some opinions on this. I'm working on breaking down assumptions that I have made, or that others have placed upon me. This may seem like a basic one, but I would like some feedback. Especially from some for those who have gone through actual tragedy. Email me at bedford.daniel@gmail.com if you do not feel like posting here.

Hopefully at some point I will post my opinions and thoughts on this topic. More to come. All comments welcome.

2 comments:

Ashwin said...

Yes and no. In one way, things that do not kill you just reveal your strength. The strong survive, the weak fail and disappear. Those who have survived the longest and appear to have defeated all obstacles probably were already stronger or equipped to defeat these obstacles. Or they may have been lucky and survivorship bias leads to them being associated with great strength.
On the flip side, your strength has to be developed somehow, and what better than real world experiences? Thats where you learn and grow, isnt it?

So, I don't know.

Ashwin said...

For the record, I have pretty much no experience in my life with anything remotely negative, let alone tragic.

Post a Comment