Have you thought about your mind? Where you're at?
It is interesting to think about you, who you are, and where you are. Surely you are where you're at. How could that not be? But where are you and what are you? People think about their body. That's me. I'm this flesh. I'm these legs and this torso and this head. This is my face. This is who I am.
But are you? What if you didn't have your legs, wouldn't you still be you? Of course you would. You're not those cells in your legs. They aren't who you are. But what about your face? Wouldn't you still be you without your face? You would. But we place so much emphasis on that. But it's not who we are.
We think about ourselves behind these eyes. We're this thing behind the eyes. We're looking out into the world. We're sitting in chairs in our minds controlling these arms and these lips. We're forming these words. This is who we are. We're taking in this information and pulling these switches. But what are we? If you close your eyes, are you gone? I'm not gone. I'm still here.
But what am I? Am I a brain? Am I the critical mass of neuronal cells necessary for consciousness? Am I just a huge processing center taking in information and spitting out results? This physical connection is an illusion. I am not my legs, or face, or eyes. But could I awaken them into awareness? Could I become the thoughts of the cells in my legs and feet? If my brain is just a conglomerate of cells, could I hear the thoughts of the cells in my feet? Aren't those the same as those in my brain? Are they less a part of me?
But are my thoughts who I am? What are those? Where are they? What is their physical body? Are they chemicals swishing around in my brain? I think I can feel them in my head. They feel like they're back there with me controlling from way back behind the eyes. But I know they're not there. They are somewhere out in the void. How could they not be? If I thought loudly enough could you hear them?
Can I escape this physical shell? Can I change this perspective? I feel like I am more. I feel like I can escape out there. I want to be One. How do I escape this? I want to walk around.
I know Wills, I know.
2 comments:
Wills Daniel ;)
Lol. I'm going to have to start including you as well on the bottom of my posts as well, eh?
Post a Comment