Friday, June 25, 2010

Quitting

I quit my job the other day. It was a lot more difficult than I thought. I thought I was detached enough where I could go in and say "Yep, well Steve... I'm quitting." I don't think I actually was ever able to even say the word "quitting." After puttering around a while I finally got to the fact that I was heading home, and thus wouldn't be here anymore. I've never been fired before. But it seemed in a lot of ways opposite but somehow exactly the same. It was like I was telling my boss I didn't need him anymore. He's not sentimental but it still seemed tough to tell him that I didn't want to be on his team anymore. I'd found greener pastures. It was almost like I was dumping him. It was a lot harder than I thought. I'm not saying I couldn't fire someone but I can empathize a lot more with how difficult that must be. Obviously getting fired has to be pretty rough as well.

1 comment:

ChadBroChill17 said...

yeah getting laid off is an odd feeling. very surreal. I was very angry and then sad and then panicked and it kept looping. I guess with all that emotion, it's why they want to get you out of there quickly. but then again, it happens to most people, many times...just part of life.

Post a Comment