ts subtleties and style. Every scene is used phenomenally to drive the characters, message, and overall quality of the movie. It is dark, funny, and astoundingly moving. If you do not feel this way, I simply feel you have missed something from the movie, or should see it again. It is truly phenomenal. The commentary from the director and the three main actors is wildly impressive and insightful. Don't miss it.James Cameron's Avatar was one of the biggest blockbusters of all time. But I think it got rave reviews for all the wrong reasons. It was seen as one of the most visually stunning movies of all time. And while its story was bashed for being hackneyed and over-used, I actually thought the
If I were stuck on a desert island and only had one movie to watch, The Fifth Element would probably be it. I am not saying it is my favorite movie, but is very enjoyable and easily can be watched over and over again. This movie has some serious elements (yep), but always addresses them in ridiculous and awesome ways. Bruce Willis does an amazing job as a grumpy, unlikely hero pulled into saving the universe with not only action but also compassion. The characters are over the top, the dialogue is absurd, and the settings are ridiculous. And it all fits me perfectly. This is not in the running for best movie of all time (Chris Tucker should have won multiple awards though). It simply hits all of its points and is a highly enjoyable movie experience.
The Girl Next Door is the story of a bright, caring high school Senior who is looking for a little more to life. He finds it when the girl of his dreams moves into the house next door. The only problem is that she used to be a pornstar. Oops! This movie is so much fun. It takes a great look at some of the challenges and sacrifices we make everyday for the people we love in our life in a comical and ridiculous way. It is pretty much just straight up accessible fun for the whole movie. It has some great lines, wonderfully funny moments, and really cool characters. Probably my favorite movie for just hanging out and enjoying some light fun.In a much more challenging movie, V for Vendetta will keep you engaged with its stylish, thought provoking tale. Though not the best for watching in a raucous group, this movie has the potential to make a powerful impact with its desperate tone and dramatic scenes. It is definitely worth multiple viewings to fully understand the motivations and overreaching themes of the movie.
Though dark, this movie has some utterly hilarious scenes, as well as some of the most quotable lines and speeches. In the battle for redemption, language and emotion are powerful tools that are used to wondrous effect. I can only hope to grow with its integrity. Just go out and watch it, and as always... England Prevails.Honorable Mention
Green Street Hooligans
Shawshank Redemption
Princess Mononoke
4 comments:
Why do you feel fight club is underrated? I feel like that movie is frequently brought up in favorite movie conversations.
In the commentary they mentioned it a few times, how critiques and others hated it. Just didn't get it. I just hype it A LOT. I just imagine people are like "You think this is the best movie ever?" "yes." It's hard for me to take that hard of a stance so I have to qualify it as underrated.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/
8.8 to me is overrated. =) I used to think it was one of the greatest things ever, but more recently I watched and was disappointed.
Girl Next Door and V for Vendetta on the other hand... awesome. GND is one of my favorite comedies and V makes me feel all riled up inside.
The other two I'll have to get back to you on.
Honorable mentions: All three good, princess and ss a little slow but fab.
I agree with the 5th element! Such a good movie that I dont think many people would even consider. It has a lot of really funny lines that I find myself quoting a lot. I also liked how the priests were so on edge and finally, I remember watching this in the theaters as a young teenager and seeing milla jovovich's tittays...so it has some sentimental value to it too
Post a Comment