“If you don’t have problems, you will never be the person who overcame them." - Richard Bach
They say the important things in life are not easy. But they are worth fighting for. There is no gain without pain. In most things I find this to be true. When things are difficult, you must rise to the challenge. These times shape you in the crucible. You become better through experience and the wisdom gained through these trials.
My time here in Minnesota has been a very trying time. And in the same vein, I have become better because of it. Being apart from friends and family, I have had to make new connections and support systems. I have branched out socially and mentally. I have made many new revelations about "the real world," myself, and what I am capable of. Overall it has been a challenging and rewarding experience.
But now I am tired. If the analogy holds true, my muscles are becoming fatigued and I need a break. I want to push myself in the future to become the best possible person I can be and to lead the most fulfilling life. However, I feel like I have gained about as much as I can here. I need some recuperation time, some time to reset and restart myself before my next big work out session.
In that regard, I will be returning home for a period. How long that will be I do not entirely know, though I will be setting up some guidelines for myself. It will be in no way permanent; simply a period where hopefully I can reconnect with people there, discover some things about myself, and make some decisions about the direction of my life. Thanks for all your guidance from the past to the future.
2 comments:
It takes so much work and energy to start changing your perceptions and viewpoints. I think we get so comfy and used to the way things are that to change them or deal with new situations we haven't faced before is incredibly hard. I too left my family and friends, thinking I had a good idea of what I was about. Now, when I think back on who I was I am extremely critical.
Using your analogy, all that growth and working out won't lead to anything without rest. All the changes require reflection and understanding so that they sink in. But from this post I think you already know that, I'm more sharing than commenting ;)
I love the sharing L. Keep it up.
Post a Comment